Potted Broadleaf Bolbitis Small Aquarium Plant Bolbitis Heteroclita
Common names: African Water Fern / Bolbitis Heudelotii
African Water Fern is a well known variant of Bolbitis which originates from the tropics of West Africa. This plant has longer and more transparent leaves compared Bolbitis Difformis but the two grow in a similar manner. It is a slow grower like other Bolbitis and does best when attached to rock or wood.
This plant can be grown emersed or submerged. It multiples by growing new leaves from the rhizome and can be propagated by splitting the rhizome.
Pot: 4-8 inches
Large Pot: 8-14 inches
- Bolbitis prefer to be placed in areas of an aquarium that experience higher flow rates.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- Remove the cotton surrounding the roots and plant above a quality substrate. For instructions on how to properly prep aquarium plants, click here.
- Burying the rhizome will cause the plant to die
- Plant is grown best attached to wood, rock, or sitting on top of substrate
- CO2 injection and quality aquarium soil will yield better growth.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
Family Name: Dryopteridaceae
Co2: Not necessary
Propagation: Cut along the rhizome
Growth rate: Slow.
We only Ship Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. It ships from USA so will be 2 to 3 days for first class. Can also upgrade to priority or overnight.
Some plants may not be in their full aquatic form upon arrival and stem plants may not have any roots yet. You may see some loss of leaves within the first couple weeks while it transitions to its aquatic form. This is perfectly normal as long as the structure remains intact.
Photo is not an actual photograph of the item you will be receiving, it is just a representation.