Potted Anubias Barteri Aquarium Plant
– You get 1 potted Anubias Barteri Round Leaf.
– Create a natural habitat in your aquarium for your fish and invertebrates
– Easy live aquarium plant species for any freshwater aquarium
– Provide natural resting and hiding places for your smaller fish and invertebrates
– Instructions and species description included with the plant
Anubias barteri , also known as Anubius or Anubias barteri, is a hardy plant that has lush green arrow shaped foliage. This rosette plant may reach up to 16 inches in width and has thick, creeping rhizomes. This variety of Anubias barteri is an amphibious form that will survive either totally or partially submersed. Anubias prefers moderate lighting, approximately 2 to 3 watts per gallon provided by a fluorescent fixture with daylight bulbs (5000-7000°K). A pH of 6.5 to 7.5 is ideal, and is best maintained with an alkalinity of 3 to 7 dKH. When planting the aquatic plant, take special care of the rhizome and the roots. A quality substrate fertilizer is necessary, and CO2 fertilization is also recommended. In order to keep these plants small, simply trim back the leaves near the rhizome with a sharp pair of scissors. Because it grows well from cuttings, you can usually propogate it easily. Under correct water conditions, the Anubias barteri round leaf propagates by side shoots on the rhizome, causing rhizome division. It attaches itself to rocks, driftwood, substrate, and may even float. Approximate Shipping Size: Potted and Bare root 3″ to 5″